Monday, January 24, 2011

Homemade Hot Cocoa

I spent this last weekend skiing in Michigan with our high school youth group and my oldest son who just happened to be having his 15th BIRTHDAY!  (Yes, I'm that old!)

It was COLD.... and I mean COLD!

I don't really know what the temperature was... but I know that I have never been skiing in that kind of cold!

BRRRR!


I took a hot bath when I got home, slept under a heated blanket but I am still super cold (and sore)!

Why am I telling you all of this?

Well, because it leads into the reason for today's recipe!

I can't stop thinking about hot cocoa... I feel like it's the only thing that will warm me up!

So... I have a recipe to share.

It's not my recipe... it's my friend Kara's recipe. 

You know, Kara from karasrecipebox.blogspot.com ?

Yeah, that Kara....My very good friend- that was my neighbor-but moved far far away Kara.

She made some wonderful hot cocoa that I feel the need to share with you on this cold,cold, freezing day.

(And all of you Aussies that are sitting in Summer wonderfulness ... pleases don't gloat....lol)

Click here to got to Kara's page for the recipe and photos

While you're there, check out all the other yummy recipes she has and tell her I sent you!


Recipe:

Homemade Hot Cocoa

Ingredients:
2 Tbs Water
2 Tbs Sugar
1 Tbs Cocoa
1 C Milk
1/4 tsp Vanilla (approx)

Directions:
In a saucepan, on low heat, mix 2 Tbsp water, 2 Tbsp Sugar and 1 Tbsp Cocoa.
Let it get warm for 1-2 minutes and stirring so it won't stick.
Next, add 1 Cup milk with a little splash of vanilla and stir.
Heat until it's the temperature you like.
This recipe is for 1 SERVING.

***Review:
YUM!  Who doesn't like hot cocoa?  This is a no brainer!  We all love it!

**Tips:
Serve it with Marshmallows on top.... or whipped cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment