Friday, November 5, 2010

Mini Cheese Cakes

Just for fun, I thought I'd add a dessert or appetizer recipe in here once a week or so
I mean what goes better with a great dinner that a yummy dessert?
I am in no way a baker, but these little guys are so simple it's crazy
They are literally easier than any dessert I've ever made... except maybe scooping icecream.
I love it because they look fancy and difficult... but secretly, they take no time or effort!
That's what we're going for right? 
Ingredients:
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Nilla wafers (16-18 cookies)
-  1 Lg. Can  cherry or blueberry pie filling or fresh fruit

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
With a mixer,cream the softened cream cheese with the sugar.
Add eggs and vanilla, beat until fluffy.
Using a muffin pan and foil liners, place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each liner.
Fill each up 3/4 full with cheese mixture.
Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
Cool.
Top each cake with pie filling or fresh fruit.
Makes about 16 -18 cheese cakes
***Review:
I have never made these before.  I seriously could NOT belive how easy they were.  I was afraid that they wouldn't taste good... but they did!  Yummy yummy yummy!  I made a lot of these and shared most of them with other people... neighbors, friends...etc.  Everyone loved them... either that or they were just being polite.  But, since I tried one or two... I will have to agree and say yes, I loved them too!  The kids, of course, begged for them every minute of the day and the hubs was pretty happy to eat a few himself. 
These will be my new "go to " dessert for sure!  I mean, you can't beat 5 minutes of work for a fancy looking dessert!
**Tips:
Make sure to have the cream cheese at room temperature before you start making this... otherwise it will be very difficult to mix.  When it's soft, it's much easier!
Foil baking cups work best for this dessert because they look "professional" and they are a little more stiff so they give more support to the filling.  I have not tried it, but I am pretty sure you could just use regular cupcake liners and they would work fine.They just won't look as good. I used cherry pie filling and it took the whole can to fill up 18 cheesecakes... so go light on the topping until you know you will cover all your cakes.  You can always go back and add to them. I think fresh fruit and a little whipped cream would be great on top of these.
I hope you love these just as much as we did!

2 comments:

  1. I am one of the neighbors that got to try these lil' beauties and they were not only so pretty to look at, but were SO tasty as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the neighbors? you are THE neighbor. The taste tester! Glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete