Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sesame Beef & Chicken Stir fry

So last night's steak had purpose in today's meal (and tomorrow's)

I almost always make more than we need for one dinner so we can use it for lunch or for another meal

I like to cook this way because it saves me a lot of time

I like to save time! 

I think you probably do too.

This post is going to be to the point today...

I had dentist appointments for 3 kiddos ... no naps and a thingy at school tonight that I have to take ALL the kids to by myself because the husband has to work late!  (did I mention no naps?)

Oh the joy!

I am tired.... so I have no energy to write a fun post! 

I am really just wanting to take a nap!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
- 3 steaks (raw or cooked) cut into very thin strips
- 3 chicken breasts (raw or cooked) cut into very thin strips




- 1 small onion finely sliced
- 1 bag stir fry vegetables or parisian style veggies or fresh veggies
- sesame oil
- soy sauce
- 1 jar Ty Ling sesame sauce


- *1 (5 oz) can water chestnuts
-* 1 (15 oz) can baby corn
(*optional)


Directions:
Add 2 tsp oil to pan/wok
Add onions to pan when oil is hot

Cook onions until carmelized
Add vegetables
If using fresh broccoli add a little water to the wok (2 Tbs)
Add a few shakes of soy sauce to the veggies while cooking


When veggies are done, take them out of the pan and set aside in a bowl
Add a few more tsp of oil to the pan
When it's hot add the raw meat 1st (my chicken was raw)
Add a few shakes of soy and cook until done (just a minute or 2)
Add the cooked meat (my steak was already cooked)
Immediately add the Ty Ling Sesame sauce to the meat (aprox 1/4 C)
Let the sesame sauce cook down for about 3 minutes
Add vegetables
Add more Ty Ling Sesame sauce (about 1/4C)


Cook for a few more minutes to blend flavors and you're done

Serve over white or brown rice

***Reviews:
A-W-E-S-O-M-E!-  I LOVE this stuff!  I love Asian food, but we can't always afford to eat out.  I found this sauce one day and thought I'd give it a try... oh..my ... goodness.  It's sooo good!  So, whenever I make steak for dinner this is always dinner for the next day!  Hubs loves this dinner and the kids LOVE this.  Yes, I know it seems wierd that they would eat this with all its veggie friends inside.. but they do.  Add "Chinese" to anything and they are all about it.  Too bad this is one of the few "chinese" dishes I can make! Anyway, I hope you try it because it's really very easy. 

**Tips:
You can use raw or already cooked meat in this... which I love.  I didn't have enough leftover steak so I used that and the raw chicken... it was actually better having the combo. Make sure you cut the meat very thin... wok cooking is supposed to be "high heat" so you want things to cook fast and not burn.  Also, if you don't have a wok, you can use a fry pan... just make sure it's a big one!  Oh and sometimes I add sesame seeds to this while cooking and then as a garnish after... but I totally forgot this time!
 I used a frozen veggies in this.. and I always have before, but I find that the frozen bags ususally are lacking in the broccoli area... so I added a little fresh broccoli too... I just cooked it first so it wasn't so "raw", then added the other veggies.  I liked the fresh broccoli better... though frozen would work just fine. 
I usually add water chestnuts and baby corn if I have them... I didn't tonight.  It still tastes good.
Basically, meat, broccoli and the sauce is all you really need.
And if I'm being honest here.... even though brown rice is healthier.. and that's what I used.... I definitely prefer white rice with this.  Not sure why. I didn't have any though... so brown minute rice it was.  Speaking of rice... make sure to put the water on for the rice right about the time to start the veggies cooking or just before so that it can be done when the stir fry is done. 

I hope you like this recipe! Pleae let me know if/when you try it out!  I'm curious to know what you think.
Also, if you have any great "Asian" recipes....I would love it if you would share them with me.  You can send them to thedinnerdrama@hotmail.com
 I can't wait make some reader recipes to post on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment