Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Salsa Chicken in the crockpot

I have been checking out a lot of cookbooks and websites lately

I'm searching for easy recipes that taste good so I can share them with you

I would love it if you would share your recipes with me too!

I found this one on some random site and e mailed it to myself

It seemed pretty easy and sounded good so I made it tonight

I love how simple it is!


Ingredients:
 
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans (drained)
- 1 can corn (drained)
- 1 (16 oz) jar of salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- rice, hot cooked
 
Directions:
  1. Combine ingredients in slow cooker, except rice and cheese.
  2. Cover; cook on Low 6-8 hours or High 4-5 hours.
  3. Serve over rice and top with cheese
Review:
Honestly, this is not the best dish I've ever made... but it's pretty good.  Hubs liked it but the kids were not fans.  Each one had a different thing they hated about it... mostly it was the tomatoes... but they loved the beans, corn & rice.  Unfortunately, salsa doesn't come without tomatoes...lol   I did love how easy this was though.  Just a few ingredients and it's done.  It seems pretty healthy too and low in fat.  It has a very light/fresh taste to it. I would probably make it again.

Tips:
I think if I were to make this again I might throw the cheese in the crockpot at the end and let it melt onto the chicken... just to see how that would taste... maybe even melt some velveeta in there.  Definitly serve it over rice though... that totally makes the dish! 


The kid version

No comments:

Post a Comment