Friday, October 15, 2010

Baked Tilapia

Ingredients:
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (or to taste)
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- Fresh or frozen broccoli or Cauliflower

 
Directions:

 
  • Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
  • Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  • Place the tilapia fillets in the bottom of the baking dish and dot with butter.
  • Season with Old Bay seasoning, lemon juice and garlic salt.
  • Arrange the vegetables around the fish
  • Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and fish flakes easily with a fork.

 

 
***Review:YUMMY! I know not everyone likes fish or even knows how to cook it. But it's easy! I think you'd be surprised! And it only takes a few minutes to put it all together! As for the taste...This fish was great! Tilapia is a very mild tasting fish.
I have never added the fresh broccoli to the baking pan before but it was an awesome addition... it tasted great too... and it was one less thing for me to cook. The kids loved it (minus 1) and the hubs and I loved it too!
**Tips:
A couple pointers on this one- You can add as little or as much seasoning as you'd like. It's all about your taste preferences really... but this recipe is a base to start with. I used frozen Tilapia from a bag. It goes on sale often and I just buy a few bags and use them when I need them. You could thaw them and cook them that way too, it really doesn't matter. If they are fresh or thawed, you may have a shorter cooking time. I just love it when I don't have to thaw meat out before I cook it... call me lazy. I like to call it busy...lol
I also added fresh broccoli to the pan, but you could use frozen too and it doesn't have to be broccoli.. you could add other veggies too. (Fresh carrots would not work well though because they take forever to cook).
I served this with instant mashed potatoes and pickled beats because I was busy, got distracted and forgot to make the flavored rice that I originally planned to serve with this. :) Lucky for me no one noticed!
Any questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment