Friday, October 15, 2010

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients:
- 2lbs diced beef
- 2 cloves garlic diced or crushed
- 2 cans cream of Mushroom
-1 can cream of celery
- 1 can mushrooms (or you can use fresh)
- 1/3 C Milk
- 1 Tbs Dry onion (or dice some fresh)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bag Egg noodles to serve it on

Directions:
  • Cut up meat and put in crockpot
  • Add all other ingredients
  • Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours
Yes.. that's it!
Oh & you can boil the egg noodles and serve on top of them.
***Review:
This is the first time I've made this in a crockpot. I got the recipe from my sister... but added a few things from my dad's recipe and got this one. It's awesome. I didn't actually have all the ingredients I needed so I improvised using a can of cream of chicken in place of one of the cans of cream of mushroom... but normally I won't do that. The cabinets are getting bare.... I also didn't have the mushrooms... but they would have been great! Anyway, the kids loved it and the adults loved it. I will be making this more often... and the best part? It was soooo easy.
**Tips:
You could also use ground hamburger or turkey burger in this, but you would have to cook it first... which is another step. Oh, and I used venison in this one instead of beef.
Let me know if you try this one or if you have any suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment