Friday, October 15, 2010

White Chicken Chili Crockpot OR Stovetop

Ingredients:
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 2 48 oz jars of Great northern beans (the white ones)
- 1/2 can chicken broth (~7oz)
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 8oz bag of colby jack
* Sour cream is optional... but yummy!
Directions:
  • Boil, grill or otherwise cook the chicken breast.
  • Cut or shred them up into bite sized pieces.
  • Add chicken, beans (liquid & all), salsa and broth to crockpot or stock pot on the stove.
  • Cook until hot.
  • I did it in the crockpot on high for about 4 hours.
  • On the stove it doesn't take too long, but it's good to let it simmer maybe 20 minutes and to blend the flavors together.
  • Add cheese 15 minutes before serving to let it melt in.
I serve it with sour cream on top and some fresh italian bread. It's also great to eat with scoops tortilla chips!
***Review:
I got this recipe about 7 years ago at a boy scout potluck. It was awesome and I had to have it, so I hunted this lady down and had her write the recipe on a napkin for me. I still use the napkin as my recipe card! Everyone I have made it for loves it... including my dad who was here tonight for dinner.

The kids asked for seconds which kind of shocked me... so I will call this one a HIT!

**Tips:
It does make quite a bit... I think we will be eating this one for a few days. Great thing about it is we can freeze it and eat it for lunch or dinner another day. Or as always you can cut the recipe in half... but I love making extra to freeze.
As always, please let me know if you try this. I would love to hear what you would do different & what you liked and didn't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment