Friday, October 15, 2010

Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings

Ingredients:
- 1 can of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 14 oz. can chick broth
- 4-6 large chicken breasts (can be frozen or fresh)
- 2 containers refridgerator biscuits cut up.
Directions:
Add all ingredients (except biscuits) together for 7-8 hours on low or 4-6 on high
1  hour before done, cut biscuits into small peices and lay on top of chicken mixture in crockpot.

** Review:
This recipe was easy and yummy. I was surprised at how much I liked it! Hubby complained it needed more seasoning, hence the addition of Italian seasoning in the photo. Kids LOVED it! I was surprised at how much the biscuits tasted like real dumplings.

***Tips:
 The original recipe says biscuits can go in a half hour before eating... which I did and that was a not quite accurate..lol I had to wait an hour and a half. So, be aware that the biscuits take a little time to steam... and don't take the top off.
I have been told that the 30 mintues works fine for 1 can of biscuits.  Also I have been hearing that many of you think one can of biscuits is plenty. 
I would suggest adding green beans or even a mixed veggie into this dish.  My kids won't eat veggies mixed in with food or I would have done it that way.
Also, as I stated above, you might want to season the chicken before you cook it... maybe just a little garlic salt or whatever it is that you like.

Thanks to Linda O for posting this recipe to me. I am getting great feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment