Friday, October 15, 2010

Swiss Chicken... Crockpot OR Casserole

Ingredients:
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 6 Slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 can Cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can Cream of Chicken
- 1 C Milk
- 1 bag of large croutons (cheese or garlic flavor)

Directions for CROCKPOT:
Add chicken to crockpot (mine was frozen)
Place a slice of cheese over each chicken breast
In a bowl, mix soups, milk and croutons.
Pour mix over chicken in crockpot.
Cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hrs.
Yes... it's that easy!

Directions for CASSEROLE:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease/spray bottom of 9x13 baking dish
put chicken in the bottom of pan
Cover each breast with a slice of cheese
In a bowl, mix soups, milk and croutons.
Pour mix evenly over chicken in baking dish
Bake for 90 minutes.

***Review:
This is a great meal. I first had it after I had a baby and my friend Elisa brought me dinner. I have been making it ever since. Its easy and tasty.... my kind of food! Originally, it was a casserole to be baked, but I figured it would work in the crockpot and I was right!
The hubby loves it ... I am a fan! The kids? a few will eat it a few wont... it's chicken... so it's always hit or miss no matter how you cook it.

**Tips:
One of the reasons I love this dish is that, not only is it easy, but you can make it and freeze it. I used to lay out about 4 disposable baking pans and make 4 dinners in a matter of minutes. As long as you have all the stuff out, you might as well make a few. (If you're going to freeze it, then you can use frozen chicken breasts). I would then freeze them and either use them for us when I was short on time... or when another family needed dinner. The only kicker is you have to thaw it the night before if you plan on using it the next day... so you have to plan a little... but still... easy dinner to keep on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment