Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Saucy Pork Chops in the Crockpot... A Reader Recipe!

I love getting recipes from other people

Obviously you do too... or you wouldn't be here right now :)

I get so excited to try new recipes and I love it when we find a new favorite!

A friend from church wrote this recipe down for me at a wedding a few weekends ago.

I don't have a lot of fun pork recipes.... so imagine my happiness when she gave me not only a pork recipe

but a pork recipe in the CROCKPOT!  

Bonus!!!  

I went right out and bought some pork chops so I could make it for you  my family.

Check this out

Ingredients:
- 8 boneless pork chops
- 2 medium onions sliced (or 1 large)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 C ketchup
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce

Directions:
Place pork chops in bottom of crockpot
Put sliced onions on top of chops
Pour ketchup, soup & Worchestershire sauce on top
Cook on low for 6 hours

***Review:
This was Awesome!  My kids loved this!  Believe it or not, my 8 year old ate 2 bowls...which is amazing to me.  I ate 2 servings myself..lol   Hubby ate it while I was at piano lessons and raved over it when I came home.  I was so happy about the kids eating all their dinner that I gave them this:



**Tips:
When I first opened the lid to the crockpot, the ketchup was not blended into the mix, so I just whisked it into the liquid to blend it all in.  It doesn't matter if you do this at the beginning or the end.   I wasn't sure what to serve this on because I didn't know how it was going to come out or what the flavors would be like.  So, I chose to serve it with green beans and wild rice.  Because it cooks so long the pork is very tender... when I first pulled it out it was in once piece like this:

But.... some of the other pieces were falling apart because they were so tender, so I decided to shred it onto the plates like this:


and I think that made it more appetizing to the kids and also easier to absorb the "gravy".   It also tasted better that way to me.
You could probably serve this over white or brown rice... that would be the best.  Noodles would work too!

I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine did!


3 comments:

  1. I don't make a lot of pork dishes Carli, but this one looks really yummy. I have also seen that the crockpot lady makes her own "cream of something" soup mixes for those that may want to try that too. This one looks great! I think our husbands are loving that we are doing our food blogs. Don't ya think? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes... I know these boys are loving our food blogs! Who wouldn't love someone cooking something new every night..lol too bad we still can't share our leftovers :(
    I think you will like this one Kara... it's pretty good! I don't do much pork either... so this was a nice change.
    And I have seen the make your own cream of something posts.. but not sure I am that ambitious yet...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this the other day and it was a huge hit! Everybody wanted more I even invited my mom to stay for dinner and now she wants this recipe Jerry said he like it so much he would never share at work we have found a winner and Iam very happy you decided to do this cause we have been loving all of the food!!!

    ReplyDelete